You could see that if the world was locking down with a few cases then they would continue that rolling lockdown because things just kept getting worse. We came to grips with this pandemic and decided just to focus on work. I will update this page when the pandemic is over, but for now we are just working on our “pandemic plan”.
The plan is to try to use this extra time to be productive and explore new ideas. We wrote down all of our ideas and we are working on all of them at once. You really don’t know how things will work out till you try. When the pandemic is over we will see what worked and didn’t. Maybe it will pan out or maybe it will end up on the junk pile.
We formed this Pandemic Plan after Easter 2020. All of this will get accomplished before the pandemic is over.
We researched and listed out all the current ways to build a website. Each has it’s own pros and cons. We figured that if we build websites out of each of them then that would give us an excuse to keep up with the improvements over time. In the future we will be updating these websites and that is how we are going to remain current. We built websites with
Xxx forgot name
WordPress is how most websites are built. Wordpress has a lot of cons. Wordpress is not user friendly. Wordpress poses security risks. Most websites are built with wordpress because it is SUPER POWERFUL. We have taken the time to dive in and master WordPress.
- We own quite a few domain names and we are building these websites out.
- 3 new state park websites using wordpress.
- Revisiting all of the websites we own and either redoing them in WordPress, forming a plan for them or deleting them.
- Over the years more and more people are looking at websites using phones and tablets. The way Google renders search results is different…..pretty much everything is different.
- These websites are monetizing traffic. So we are trying to make better websites that get more traffic. We are bringing all websites up to modern perfect standards.
- We are doing modern perfect Search Engine Optimization with full reporting and monitoring. We are currently setting this up using both of the top paid SEO tools and eventually we will settle on the best solution to copy on all future websites.
We are building a website called DirectoryThemeUniverse.com. This website is being built because it is my way of becoming a world class expert in everything related to WordPress Directory Themes. With the knowledge I gain I will be able to pick the best directory theme for future ideas I want to pursue. I will keep learning about directory themes and then I will feed that information back into the website. The main purpose of the website is to be a mechanism for us to be world class experts. Now we have a way to keep current. We plan on building a lot of directory websites in the future. Examples of directory themes would be
Area tourism guides
Real estate websites
Campground guides for a state
RV rental guide for a state
If you notice our core competencies include everything you need to market a tourism business. We have always used worksheets to work with our customers. We are taking everything we know and building a series of niche Internet marketing websites. The information will be easier to absorb if the information is focused on your particular needs. So we will attempt to figure out how to put this information into a website. No doubt we will miss the mark and have to redo it, but during this pandemic we will attempt this. We will build websites to serve these customers:
- Tour guide industry
- Restaurant industry
- Vacation rentals / cabin rentals
- This could lead to future niche websites
- Fishing and Hunting Lodges
- RV Rentals Campgrounds
Personal websites – this is purely experimental. If you think about Facebook, Linked in, Twitter, Instagram, etc. They ask you to tell them about yourself so that you can network with like minded people. That is fine, but having a personal website is the optimal solution for many reasons:
- You control your own info and how it is displayed. When you meet new people you never go through your life story and tell them what your favorite movies are and all of that. You just sortof slowly get to know that about people. Now you can find common points of interest faster with new people. That is why you put that stuff on the socials.
- You could add content to your own website as simply as just bookmarking a website in a browser? Then your own website would make a perfect spot to keep track of what you want to keep track of online. For instance
- You may see a viral video that is the funniest you have seen
- You may have a podcast or youtuber you really like.
- You can have a list of all of the great musical performances you can find on youtube
- With your own website the options are limitless
- You may feel like you want to vent on Facebook about politics or whatever……that is a total waste of time because that is not a place where you can articulate anything or have a debate. Articulate your views on your own website and then edit those as your views change.
- When you look for a job you really stand out if you have your own website and your own email. You can have some pages that pertain to your field of interest and then you can put youtube videos, case studies, what you are learning in these areas. It will really give you that edge.
- When you go through life sometimes fate intervenes and opportunities present themselves. Why not maximize your chance of good things happening?
- So we will build a few of these personal websites.
- The first one is for for my friend Zac Wilcher, who will find out that he is building a personal site when he reads it on this site
- The second one is for my cousin Nathan who will also find out when he reads this section of the website
The third one is for myself. I will link it here when I finish it.
Memorial websites – There are many reasons for this to make the list of ideas to pursue.
- In the past a cemetery plot and a nice gravestone were important to people. My grandmother went to the cemetery every single week. Nowadays people dont go to the cemetery. Compared to a website a headstone contains no information.
- When you think about it, people live in the memories of the people that knew them. Once nobody knew them then they just dissolve away and they are reduced to a headstone with a born and died date.
- A memorial website offers to actually let people get to know the deceased if they really didnt know them before…..and also get to know them better.
- DanStallsmith.comis built as the first prototype. You have to see that website on a computer because I am using the free version and they have handicapped the mobile version.
- 2 more websites are planned during the pandemic
- Dan Stallsmith website #2 using wordpress instead of weebly
- com – Cara’s mom died in the middle of November 2020